Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Storm over Fresno City College



April 6th. Strange Day. I usually only get my camera out when I travel or hike but the strange yellow storm light coming through the front window convinced me to take my camera along on my dog walk to Fresno City College. I stopped several times to stare at the clouds and wonder whether a tornado was going to form or whether I could get a good photo. After one of these staring sessions a woman who had parked her car nearby stopped her car and asked me in a very perturbed voice if I was 'scared' to have someone 'like her' in my neighborhood. And she didn't want her daughter to think this wasn't a trusting town since they had just moved here. This was all on account of my 'staring at her'. I explained to her that I was staring, but at the clouds. I would have thought that was obvious by the fact my neck was craned back at a 45 degree angle but I guess people sometimes see what they're most afraid to see because it is on their mind. If she only knew what the ethnic makeup of my Fresno City College neighborhood was, she wouldn't have been so afraid of not fitting in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home