Tuesday, June 09, 2009

El Cid restaurant, Oakhurst

Our favorite restaurant to visit in Oakhurst is El Cid. They have the best homemade salsa and chips I've tried. The trick is keeping yourself from gorging on chips and salsa so that you still have room for dinner. The service is excellent. I am amazed at how quick they are in light of the large crowds they get. If you sit in back you can watch the finches attacking the hanging seed bags and get a view of the mountains and the backyard cactus garden. My favorite plate is the Enchiladas Suizas. I can't really talk restaurants in Oakhurst without mentioning my other favorites, Todd's Cookhouse BBQ (Pulled Pork sandwich and pineapple shake is worth driving to Oakhurst for) and Mountain House (berry blintzes have my number).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home